Skype for Business Server 2015 – On Premise
- Front-End Server Standard Edition
- Edge-Server Single
In a recent deployment of Skype for Business server, we deployed our Skype for Business Standard Edition Front-End Server and have just finished deploying our Edge server when the services started up we began seeing numerous errors in the event logs from Event ID 1046 : LS File Transfer Agent Service
“Skype for Business Server 2015, File Transfer Agent cannot send replication data to Replica Replicator Agent on Edge”
We knew this had to be a firewall issue, so here are the troubleshooting steps we performed:
- We worked with the network/security team to review the firewall rules between the Front-End server and Edge Server and all the appropriate rules were in-place to allow the traffic from the Front-End server to the Edge on TCP 4443 amongst the other port required for communication.
- We connected to the Edge Server and opened the Services console and validated that the Windows Firewall Service was started, which it was.
- Next we review the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and found that the firewalls for Domain, Public Private were all set to off
- We then clicked on Inbound Rules to verify that the firewall rules for Skype for Business Edge were created, which they were
- So then we right clicked Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer
- Selected Properties
- On the Domain, Private, Public profile Tabs we selected Firewall State On
- Inbound and Outbound Connections (Default)
Once the firewall was turned back on the replication began to happen between the Front-End and Edge and the errors had subsided.