UPDATE: Technet Article https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/3165438 now includes the below information
Windows Server 2012 R2 Operating System
Skype for Business Server 2015
Surface Hub Skype for Business Version: 126.96.36.199
Skype for Business Servers were patched with MS updates and rebooted. Once the servers came up and the Surface Hub joined a conference where powerpoint, whiteboard, poll , Q&A are being shared they received the below error:
We can’t connect to the server for presenting right now
****NOTE: We will be modifying the registry please backup the registry before editing and/or contact your IT Administration staff.
- We need to modify the registry to Disable SCH_SEND_AUX_RECORD, for the Skype for Business Server Web Conferencing Server on the Front-End Servers.
Add the following registry subkey:
Create a new DWORD, where the name is the Fully qualified path for the application .exe ie.(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Skype for Business Server 2015\Web Conferencing\DataMCUSvc.exe)
Value data: 0
- Repeat the above steps for all other services, however, what is required for this issue is just the Web Conferencing service.
- Reboot the Front-end Servers.
- Once the Front-End servers have been rebooted and back up and running reboot the all the Surface Hubs
- Validate the Surface Hub can now connect to conferences.