Skype for Business Server Enterprise Pool
Lync Server 2013 Standard Edition
In a recent migration from Lync Server 2013 Standard edition to Skype for Business Enterprise edition the address book in Skype for Business was populated with all AD/Exchange entries which was roughly 140,000 entries.
In Lync Server 2013 the absconfig tool was used to filter only users with a SIP Address, however in Skype for Business the resource kit has not been published so we could not perform the same action in Skype for Business at this point the migration was stalled.
We put a call into PSS and they explained that the reskit was in beta and have no ETA of when or if it will be published, however there was a “workaround” to manipulate the SQL Database for the addressbook when searching it will only show the values we want.
- We opened SQL Management Studio and ran the command:Table dbo.AbAttributeselect * from [rtcab].[dbo].[AbAttribute]
- The results returned:
- We ran this command to update the Flag for mSRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress: Update rtcab.dbo.AbAttribute Set Flags = 139627520 Where [Name] = ‘msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress’
- We re-ran the SQL command:Table dbo.AbAttributeselect * from [rtcab].[dbo].[AbAttribute]The results returned:
Once the SQL Databases were updated we did the following:
- Open Skype for Business Management Shell
- Ran: Update-CSUserdatabase and waited for the cycle to complete in the event logs.
- Ran: Update-CSAddressBook and waited for the cycle to complete in the event logs
Once the above commands completed , the addressbook logs in event viewer showed the correct number of users rather then the 140,000.