Microsoft has released a KB Article about this issue located here.
Windows Server 2008 R2 Operating System
- Lync Server 2013 Front-End Enterprise Edition Pool with December 2015 Cumulative Update
- Lync Server 2013 Edge Pool with December 2015 Cumulative Update
- Skype for Business Client UI
Lync 2013 Servers were patched with MS updates and rebooted. Once the servers came up and users tried to share powerpoint, whiteboard, poll , Q&A they received the below error:
We can’t connect to the server for presenting right now
After a PS call, it was found that .NET 4.5.2 KB3142030 was the cause of the issue, there are 2 options to rectify the issue:
- Uninstall the KB3142030 from your Front-end Servers , then reboot all servers (this is what we did and worked 🙂 )
The other option is to modify the registry, please backup the registry before editing and/or contact your IT Administration staff.
- We need to modify the registry to Disable SCH_SEND_AUX_RECORD, for the Lync Server Web Conferencing Server on the Front-End Servers.
- Add the following registry subkey:
- Create a new DWORD, where the name is the Fully qualified path for the application .exe ie.(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2013\Web Conferencing\DataMCUSvc.exe)
Value data: 0
- Repeat the above steps for all other services, however, what is required for this issue is just the Web Conferencing service.
- Reboot the Front-end Servers.