Recently had some servers auto patch themselves however the servers were not at the CU level they needed to be at for the Patch to work.
KB3080353 was the Lync 2013 update that was installed. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48875
We received error that the https://dialin.domain.com web page was giving the error:
Distribution Groups that were added into users buddy list would give the below error:
We realized that the servers were updated with the KB above so in order to fix the above errors we needed to remove the KB here are the steps we used:
- Log into your Lync 2013 Server
- Open the Lync Management Shell
- Run the command: Stop-CSWindowsService -Verbose
- Once the services are stopped go into add/remove programs/View Installed Updates and remove KB3080353
- Once the patch was been removed reboot the server
- When the server reboots open the event viewer and services console and ensure all the services come up
- Once the services are up, you can continue on to other Front End servers in your network.