Was performing a Lync 2013 to Skype for Business In-place upgrade a couple weeks back when during the installation I received the error 1603:
Error returned while installing Server.msi(RegistrarStore), code 1603.
Error returned while installing OcsCore.msi(Feature_LocalMgmtStore), code 1603.
After a bit of investigation I found that initially this deployment was a Lync Server 2013 Pilot where the media that was used was the Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Evaluation which was then put into production by following this Technet Article- Updating from the evaluation version of Lync 2013 where you use the licensed Lync Server 2013 Installation Media and open a powershell command and Enter:
- msiexec.exe /fvomus server.msi EVALTOFULL=1 /qb
- Once the setup completes then: Enable-CsComputer
By doing the above the Server.MSI and OCSCore.msi files located in: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Lync Server\Deployment\cache\5.0.8308.0\setup had not been updated with the licensed Lync Server 2013 media files.
To Resolve there errors do the following:
- Browse to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Lync Server\Deployment\cache\5.0.8308.0\setup make a copy of Server.msi and OcsCore.msi files
- Obtain the licensed copy of Lync Server 2013 media
- Browse to: <Drive Letter>:\Setup\amd64\Setup and copy Server.msi and OcsCore.msi
- Overwrite the files located in: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Lync Server\Deployment\cache\5.0.8308.0\setup
- Re-run your setup.
This will get you passed the above errors and allow you to complete your upgrade.